Sophomore Retreat at AHC

Photo by Emily Jacobs

Sophomores bonding with activities at retreat

Sophomores spent the day on a retreat, bonding and learning about love on February 22. The goal was that they might grow closer to one another and learn valuable life lessons about love to use in the daily lives.

Many of the LOTAs felt they had grown closer to God after hearing the four talks. They learned about some of the actions they can do to become closer to Him and wanted to take steps to strengthen their relationship with God.

Sophomore Gabbi Stewart reflected on the talks mentioning, “The lectures motivated me to get to know God on a deeper level and work towards a better relationship with Him.”

The energetic speakers were very relatable and kept the attention of the sophomores. The lectors’ interactions with the grade helped them fully understand that love is a special gift from God that should be treated with respect.

Photo by Emily Jacobs
Sophomores making blankets on retreat

The entertaining activities helped the students bond and grow closer in their relationships with one another as well. Laughs were shared while completing the activities, whether it was by bonding while making blankets or spreading the positive stickers through the grade.

Sophomore Grace Martin shared, “I loved giving my stickers to people I didn’t talk to as much because it brought joy to me and the receiver of the sticker. Also, some of those people and I talk more during school now!”

Both Stewart and Martin mentioned that they enjoyed their day of relaxation and bonding with classmates they might not normally talk to. The day was full of smiles and had some major impacts on people. Martin excitedly exclaimed, “I can’t wait for the Junior and Senior retreats!”