Winter Dance at The Academy

LOTAs at Winter Dance

The Ladies of the Academy danced the night away at the Winter Dance on February 2. The seniors showed up in ball gowns and wedding dresses, while freshmen, sophomores, and juniors wore their best cocktail dresses.

The Winter Dance is a dance held in the middle of winter that the whole school is able to attend. There were also many pre-parties held that night.

It’s usually tradition that the freshmen at the Academy bring dates to the dance. This year, most Freshmen brought dates to the dance, and they too had fun.

Freshmen Ashley Nalls had a blast at the dance, sharing, “I had so much fun at the dance,” before adding, “I am looking forward to going to the Winter Dance in the following years to come.”

Phyllis Ouelette was part of the planning for the Winter Dance. “We started planning it in December with the sophomore class officers since they sponsor it.” She also shared what changes might be made for next year’s dance. “[The sophomores] change the theme and control the refreshments. The online sale worked well so we won’t change that.”

Some LOTAs found that their dresses were too short resulting in them getting dress coded, resulting in them having to wear sweatpants throughout the dance. Ouelette wants to make sure that everyone is dressed appropriately according to the dress code.  

The DJ played some of today’s hits, loved by the attendees. The whole student body jammed out to the music, and had lots of fun with their friends. Most LOTAs are looking forward to the dance again.