D1 Signing

D1+Signing

On November 14, 2018, the senior athletes had their D-1 signing.

At The Academy of the Holy Cross any seniors committed to D-1 schools for athletics signed their commitment papers. All of the Holy Cross students gathered in the commons during advisory on Wednesday to witness this proud moment.

The ceremony started with Danielle Valentine notifying the staff and students about how large of an accomplishment it is for students to play at the collegiate level.

First walked in Catherine Kiyonaga escorted by her mother, father and coach. Kiyonaga signed for UPENN as an addition to their crew team. Secondly was Alexandra Bruno a lacrosse player committed to Penn State. Bruno entered with her mom and dad too.

Ashlyn McDonald Followed Bruno committing to play Division 1 lacrosse at Hofstra University.

Fairfield University is thrilled to have Elizabeth Myers as an addition to their Lacrosse team.  She is signing for a four year varsity athlete.

Cortney Okwara, a D-1 volleyball player headed to Buffalo, was escorted by here mother. Lastly Maggie Ryan walked in with her mom and dad and signed to play volleyball at Bryant.

As the students sat atop the stage they wrote their name on a paper that signified the first step to their next four years.

After much applauding the varsity lacrosse and volleyball teams took photos with their D-1 athletes. Next all of the signing athletes took a photo with their escorts. As the Holy Cross students left the commons parents and signing seniors took individual photos.