Honoring Hispanic Heritage Month

LOTAs learn to dance the Merengue.

Holy Cross held their annual Hispanic Heritage Assembly as part of Hispanic Heritage Month on October 1. During the assembly, students listened to a variety of presentations by fellow students. As a fun closing, students learned to dance the merengue.

Educating people of different traditions and heritages is important in today’s multicultural world. This is especially true of the Hispanic Heritage that has heavily influenced society.

Sophomore Madeline Lunacek shared that the experience was both fun and educational. Lunacek agreed that this presentation was important “because citizens of the US should know Hispanic heritage impacts our society.”

Freshman Nicole Ionata acknowledged that the presentations were very informative and learning the dance at the end was “fun and entertaining.” Ionata claimed that “many people don’t know about heritage and [these assemblies are] a good way for everyone to learn something new.”

Sophomore Daniela Locke thought that the assembly was a great way to teach the student body about Hispanic traditions and history. Locke stated that the “presentation and assembly was important because it taught many students and teachers about Hispanics, and it is important to learn about different cultures.”

All three students’ favorite part was when all the students learned to dance the merengue, as it got everyone up and active. The students concluded that this assembly taught students and teachers about Hispanic heritage, and agreed that it is important to learn about different cultures.