Behind the Desk: Admissions Office

Photo by Eliana Patterson

Director of Admissions Meredith Gobbi

Photo by Eliana Patterson
Admissions Assitant Jordyn Brock

While the seniors prepare for college, it is time to make room for the fall’s incoming freshman.

Director of Admissions Meredith Gobbi, who has worked in the department for 6 years, expressed, “My favorite part is interacting with all of the student when they go through the admissions process and then when they become Holy Cross students.”

New to the department this year is Assistant to the Director of Admissions Jordyn Brock. She explained her transition to her new job, “It was good. At my last job there were older people; here there’s a good mix of ages and everyone has been super helpful and nice, and very welcoming.”

Admissions is busy yearlong, but according to Brock, “It is busy in the fall getting to know all the girls who may potentially come here, through shadow visits and the admissions process.

Brock also explained her role in the office, “What I do is I work a lot with printing the applications and putting them in files, supporting Ms. Gobbi, assisting parents with any questions, and helping with events.”

Gobbi explained admissions, “It’s reaching out to students to let them know about Holy Cross, get them interested, and help them through the process of getting in. That includes online applications, answering questions, shadow visits, and open houses.” The staff also hosts events such as Accepted Students Night, Sports Night, and Big Sister Little Sister.

With the admissions process coming to an end this year, the staff’s main job is focusing on welcoming upcoming LOTAs to Holy Cross and helping them get used to Tartan life.

Gobbi disclosed, “The admissions process is pretty much over. I definitely feel relieved and now I’m looking forward to the new class and getting to know them.”