Five Days of Tarta

Photo by Sophia Costa

Spirit Week Hallway decorations take on a unique theme this year!

The week before homecoming on November 10 was filled with Holy Cross’ spirit, with different themed activities.

On Monday, students embraced the state of Maryland and what it offers, from  crabs to flags. Tuesday was a throwback to past decades, with costumes from the fifties all the way to the 2000s. On Wednesday, students dressed up as their assigned holiday. On Thursday, each grade decorated a hallway as their designated television station; each hall was completely transformed by the first period. Lastly, on Friday, students were decked out in white and purple for a Junior v. Senior Powderpuff game, with a majority of the student body cheering for the seniors.

Sophomore Christina Rivera declared that she liked the Tuesday theme, as it was easier to dress up in than the others. However, she felt that the Tuesday costumes were not as fun as the other days.  Rivera suggested a pajama day or Disney day for next year.

Sophomore Kate Cosgrove’s views on Wednesday’s Holiday Day was that it was fun, especially for a school event. Cosgrove believed that the spirit week activities should include more “class versus class” for more lighthearted competition.

A Sophomore source claimed that her favorite day was Thursday, especially the hallway decorating. She shared that her favorite decorated hallway was the one that belonged to the Juniors, with a Nickelodeon theme.

Sophomore Katharine Hefright stated that her favorite day was decades day because it was she thought that it was “interesting to see which decades everyone picked and to see how far some went back and how recent some were.” 

Hefright admitted that she was rooting for the Seniors for Powderpuff, but the game was postponed to November 16; she did say that the junior prank was “really funny”, however. The junior prank included saran-wrapping the Senior stage, stairway, and furniture as well as posters that poked fun at the Seniors.